Continuing from our previous post on Ayurveda Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle, here are a few more to incorporate into your daily routine.
Image: All rights and credits to: www.wemagazineforwomen.com
- You are what you eat. Take a nice, long look at what is on your plate. Does your diet include fresh, organic fruits and vegetables? Do you stay away from heavily spiced, oily food? If you do, you are effectively preventing the build up of toxins in your body. Eat fresh and healthy so that your body produces the vibrant energy you need.
- Nothing like a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate your body and detoxify it of the day’s build up. While you sleep, your cells repair themselves, strengthen your immune system and circulate positive energy all through your system. And if a restful sleep eludes you, try taking a warm bath before you retire for the day. A few drops of calming essential oils such as lavender, sandalwood or chamomile can help you fall asleep quicker. And once in bed, relax your body with slow, deep breathing and you will be fast asleep before you realize it.
- Incorporate fresh healthy herbs in your diet. These include ginger, turmeric, garlic, cumin seeds and black pepper. These not only perk up your food, but also have medicinal properties that can keep your system disease free. They can regulate your cholesterol levels, protect vital organs and kick up your metabolic rate.
- Drink up! Keep yourself well hydrated through the day and there is no substitute for water to do this. Flush out those harmful toxins and ensure smooth digestion with a healthy dose of two liters of water a day.
- Ayurveda gives you tips for not only feeling good, but for looking good too. It advises a daily oil massage to defend you from the signs of aging. A good oil massage invigorates you, preparing you for the daily grind and prevents your tissues from drying out. All this, while giving you a clear and healthy complexion.
- Meditate. Hit the pause button on life once in a while and retreat into yourself. Sit down, relax, close your eyes and focus on something. This might not seem easy in the beginning, but as you progress you will be able to draw upon your inner core for absolute peace and rejuvenation, whenever you need it. SO start meditating. Let the thoughts just come and go. You’ll soon reach your peace.These are some simple Ayurveda tips that can easily be incorporated into your daily routine But once you do, you will see what a huge difference these simple tips will make to your lives.