Skin diseases are mostly, rooted deeply into various dhatus or tissues like fat, muscles, blood etc. Most skin treatments are generally external applications like creams or oils and never reach the deeper layers of the skin.
As a result, the symptoms disappear temporarily, and the disease is not rooted out permanently. Ayurvedic skin treatments may take a few weeks to remove the symptoms but the diseases are treated permanently.Skin complaints affects all ages from the neonate to the elderly and cause harm in a number of ways.
Ayurvedic Therapy Package for Glowing Skin
💆 Treatment includes, Sarvanga Abhyangam, Medicated Milk Bath, Ayurvedic Face Pack, Face Massage, Herbal Bath etc.
The Four Ds of Skin Diseases are:
Discomfort – Most often itching or pain (e.g. eczema, post-herpetic neuralgia)
Disfigurement – Leading to embarrassment and withdrawal from society (e.g. birth marks, acne vulgaris and psoriasis)
Disability – Leading to loss of work and wages (e.g. dermatitis of the hands and feet)
Death – rare but still seen (e.g. angioedema, metastatic skin cancer and widespread blistering)
Two Main Causes of Skin Diseases as per Ayurveda
As per Ayurveda, two main causes of skin diseases are a wrong diet and lifestyle, which an individual follows either knowingly or unknowingly. Following a diet or life style that is against the season or the prakriti (nature) of a person, creates an imbalance in bodily energies, thus contaminating the body tissues to produce a skin disease.
Ayurvedic Skin Care begins with the Right Food
In Ayurvedic terms, although skin diseases are caused due to imbalances in all the three doshas, the prime dosha involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. Therefore all those foods or activities that increase the fire element in the body should be eliminated.
Ayurvedic Home Care Tips for Skin Problems
- If Neem leaves are available, boil them in water every day and wash the affected area. Do not use soaps and shampoos on the affected area.
- Fresh juice of apricot leaves may be applied on affected parts of the body. It gives relief in eczema and scabies.
- Wheat grass juice is also beneficial in skin diseases as it boosts the immune system, which helps to fight the disease.
- Fresh air is the greatest ally for healthy skin. If you are suffering from skin ailments, restrictive and tight clothing should not be worn.
- Drinking 3-4 liters of water every day keeps the body and the skin optimally hydrated
- Aloe vera is also beneficial for skin diseases as it purifies the blood. Fresh aloe vera gel can be taken in the dose of two or three tablespoonfuls on an empty stomach every day.
Itoozhi Ayurveda specializes in Skin treatments and conducts regular Ayurveda clinics for Ayurvedic Skin Care in Bangalore.