Ayurveda is a treasure trove of natural herbs and has been known to treat innumerable ailments for centuries and continues to do so by its age old practice of balancing the various systems in our body through such effective herbal treatments. One such unique herb is Brahmi which has often been regarded as a brain booster as well as a herb with innumerable health and medical benefits. Brahmi is a therapeutic herb commonly used as a memory enhancer, aphrodisiac and a health tonic.
Listed below are benefits of Brahmi:
- Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone.
- Brahmi is known to help ease the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease due to the presence of the amyloid compound in the neuron that is responsible for damaging the brain.
- Brahmi helps in boosting your memory. It has a positive effect on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, concentration and memory.
- Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life. Antioxidants help in removing free radicals that can further mutate into cancer cells.
- Regular consumption of Brahmi helps in strengthening your immune system.
- Brahmi can be a great remedy that provides relief from arthritis, gout and other inflammatory conditions. It also helps in soothing gastric ulcers and treating an irritable bowel syndrome.
- Brahmi is known for regulating the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes and may help improve symptoms of hypoglycemia.