Although small in size, this is one gland that you cannot ignore at any cost, mainly because it controls and plays important roles in so many different functions of the body. There are many natural ways to keep the thyroid healthy and ayurvedic herbs or superfoods as you can call them, are the best and safest way possible. Listed are a few Ayurvedic Superfoods.
1. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is star when it comes to improving the health of your thyroid. They are extremely effective, especially at balancing hormones. This herb helps people with both hypo and hyper thyroid issues.
2. Black Walnut: A great source of iodine, this helps an underactive thyroid.
3. Echinacea: This herb is popular for promoting immunity. It is ideal for better thyroid health. Echinacea is best for those who have an overactive thyroid.
4. Evening Primrose Oil: Popular for women’s health, it is also highly beneficial for the thyroid. This herb can also help with hair loss and heavy menstrual periods.
5. Flaxseed: These are high in fiber and hence play an important part when it comes to digestive health. Those with underactive thyroid can boost their thyroid hormone ratio by consuming this herb on a daily basis.
6. Ginger: Ginger is rich in zinc, magnesium and potassium, all of which are nutrients that the thyroid requires for optimal health. You must use the fresh ginger herb to reap the full benefits.
7. Licorice: If you have an underactive thyroid and are experiencing fatigue, this herb can help. Licorice also gives you a gentle boost in energy.
8. Nettle: Another Iodine rich herb that can be beneficial for people with both an underactive and overactive thyroid.
Visit Leading Ayurvedic hospitals in Kerala to get a comprehensive health check up done and get yourself diagnosed the right way.