Eyes are our window to the world and there are many diseases that can cause destruction to our wonderful pair. Uveitis is a broad term for many problems with our eyes. The common symptoms include eye inflammation and swelling that can destroy eye tissues and this destruction can lead to poor vision or blindness. The word “uveitis” is used because the swelling most often affects the part of your eye called the uvea.
There are Different Types of Uveitis and these are:
- Anterior uveitis, the most common & It affects the front of your eye.
- Intermediate uveitis affects your ciliary body.
- Posterior uveitis affects the back of your eye.
- If your entire uvea is inflamed, you have pan-uveitis.
Causes of Uveitis:
Uveitis is caused due to a variety of reasons and all lead to inflammation. A toxic substance could get into your eye and cause inflammation. So could a bruise to your eye. Uveitis may also be caused by an autoimmune disease as well as infections and tumors in your eye or other parts of your body.
In general, symptoms of Uveitis include:
• Eye redness
• Blurry or lessened vision and sensitivity to light
• Floaters, those tiny dots or specks in your vision
If you have any of these, it’s important that you visit your eye doctor immediately. Prompt diagnosis and treatment can help save your vision.
Leading Ayuredic Hospitals in Kerala conduct regular screening camps for all eye disorders and treat it in the safest way, without any side effects.