Two important body parts that contribute to one’s beauty and self confidence are teeth and hair. Healthy hair has always been considered as one of the true signs of natural beauty among humans. However, this holds true only for your crowning glory and not for the unwanted hair that grows on your body and face, especially so for women! Frequent visits to saloons for waxing the unwanted hair are a pretty tedious and expensive affair. here is where natural hair removal, in its most safest way to remove excess body hair becomes important, to increase the feeling of self-worth and self-confidence for many.
Excess body or facial hair can be caused by many reasons such as hormonal imbalance, increased levels of androgens (male hormones) in the system and also genetic traits. While there are a number of cosmetic treatments like laser hair removal treatment, they might not be very safe, due to the various side-effects.
Natural Hair Removal through Ayurveda
The ancient system of Ayurveda which originated in India, is known to have some effective remedies that decrease the growth of excess body and facial hair, with absolutely no side effects. Certain Ayurvedic ingredients and herbs can be used to treat this problem.
Some of the common ayurvedic ingredients and herbs that are used to treat excess body and facial hair are as follows:
1. A mixture of Turmeric and Black Gram Powder
2. Thanaka Powder – derived from the thanaka tree, commonly found in Myanmar. This powder is also known to be an Ayurvedic hair-remover. In addition, it also has properties to whiten the skin tone and render a softer complexion.
3. Kusuma Oil: Very similar to sunflower oil when it comes to its nutrient composition, Kusuma oil has various uses. It is known to be an ayurvedic remedy for excess body hair. It is also known to have permanent results.
4. Asoka Gritham (Herbal Ghee) is an Ayurvedic medicine, which is prescribed for conditions such as hormonal imbalance and other gynaecological problems in women. This herbal ghee is also known to reduce the growth of excess hair on the body, by regulating the hormones.
5. Sandalwood is another ingredient that is very popular in the Ayurvedic system of medicine. It has many cosmetic uses that benefit the skin, including its antiseptic nature. In addition, a mixture of sandalwood paste and turmeric powder can also help in keeping unwanted body hair at bay.
Leading ayurvedic hospitals in Kerala offer treatments in removal of excess body hair.