With stress ruling almost every sphere of our personal and professional lives, Hypertension or high blood pressure has become one of the most common health conditions in which the force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough to cause heart diseases. Your blood pressure is determined both by the amount of blood your heart pumps and the amount of resistance to blood flow in your arteries. While high blood pressure may not have particular symptoms, a few of them may include headaches, shortness of breath, or nosebleeds. In some cases, hypertension may not have signs and symptoms at all, even if blood pressure is reaching life-threatening levels. Ayurveda, the ancient science, has provided us some natural remedies that may help stabilize blood pressure and keep your heart healthy.
Here are listed 6 Ayurvedic Remedies For Hypertension
1. A teaspoon of coriander and a pinch of cardamom to one cup freshly squeezed peach juice help reduce blood pressure.
2. Moong dal soup with some cilantro, cumin, and a pinch of turmeric. This mixture is very helpful.
3. Honey water with apple cider vinegar is a great solution to reduce not only blood pressure but also cholesterol as well as to maintain vasodilation.
4. Mix orange juice and coconut water in a ration of two is to one. Drink half to one cup at least two to three times a day.
5. Eat some watermelon with a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of coriander added. This is said to act as a mild diuretic and will help to regulate blood pressure.
6. Ayurveda also suggests a herbal mixture of punarnava (one part), passion flower (one part) and hawthorn berry (two parts). Steep half teaspoon of this mixture in a cup of hot water for five to 10 minutes. Drink this tea after lunch and dinner to keep blood pressure levels in check.
Lifestyle changes like reducing intake of salt, fatty and fried foods, or hot-spicy food also help. Itoozhi Ayurveda, a leading Ayurvedic hospital, in close proximity to the Kannur International airport, has packages that can help alleviate Hypertension and such lifestyle issues.